JellyPages.com

Friday, March 15, 2013

Happy News

We have another fantastic update on Miss Maggie.
Last evening she had her first meet and greet. 
It went a million times better than I ever expected it to. Silly me for thinking she wouldn't be too keen on meeting a new person. I should never have doubted her. I'm not going to lie, I figured she would become reserved and reclusive again upon meeting new people. 

However, She warmed up to the gentleman rather quickly. She was licking him and sniffing him all over. 
She doesn't even do that with my boyfriend, who lives here and is always taking care of her during the day! 
She also got her fair share of loving from him and they seem like a perfect fit. He has experience with the husky breed and understands their quirks.
 He is so understanding of all she has been through and is willing to take the time and help her see that life is good again!

She will have to start over at ground one with them, however, I believe it will be an easier adjustment than if she got too attached to us...although it seems she is definitely taken a fondness to me, as her demanding pawing is making it difficult for me to type at the moment. All she wants is her tummy rubbed right now!

So tomorrow, Miss Maggie will be going to her FUREVER HOME! 
I could not be more thrilled and I think she will fit beautifully into his home and lifestyle. He has another husky, a teenage daughter and a young adult son. And even better, she will be living just over an hour away. It seems that the dogs I foster don't get to go too far from me when they are adopted. :)



Maggie and Bailey Playing










No comments:

Post a Comment