JellyPages.com

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Because I Can't Say No!!

After a very VERY long lapse in fostering (due in part to many many changes in my life over the last 6 months), I have taken in a little princess that I just could not say no to...imagine that! 


 Her family called her "Star", I will be changing that because I just don't feel it, and it seems that she doesn't either. She will be 1 year old on 5/27. She was with a family that had two small children. She was too much to handle due to her high energy. She has little to no training currently. They were at their wit's end and were ready to dump her wherever they could, as fast as they could. Here is where I fall into the picture, as my friend gave me the head's up about her and her situation. I thought long and hard about taking in another dog, especially a husky. But I could not bear the thought of her ending up in a shelter or worse. So tonight, this fast and furious ball of energy came into our household!

The resident dogs have taken this all in stride and have done very well. Due to her lack of regular exercise, she is a whirlwind at the moment. However, she had a blast tearing around the yard for a while with the resident dogs! She does quite well with socializing to other dogs. Right now she is laying across the living room watching me type away. 

She seems to understand "sit" and does it well. We started working on "down" and "off", as she tends to jump on things and people quite a bit. 

She is absolutely gorgeous and quite the lover. With a little obedience training under her belt, she will make someone an awesome family member. 


Working on her "down"
If there is anyone that is interested in this little lady, they can feel free to contact me via e-mail at ajk327@gmail.com . When the time is right, and the right family is found, she will be rehomed. Until then, make sure to follow her progress right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment